cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early termination charges on BT cloud phone

nigeldturner

I made a big mistake - signing up to BT Cloud Phone for 4 licences in the last few months. I find the BT Cloud Phone system really tricky to configure (despite good support) and I don’t like the way they allocate random direct dial numbers. I have learned that there are better and cheaper phone systems for small businesses out there. Then I tried to cancel early. The early termination charges they want to levy are punitive - £1,526!! (Not sure if that includes my broadband, which BTW I’m happy to keep). So what about the contract? I signed nothing, it was an oral contract made on the phone and the early termination charges were not brought to my attention. Anyone else had this experience? Looking forward to spending hours on the phone trying to sort … or alternatively if someone from BT can contact me to sort this out, I would be very grateful.

3 REPLIES 3

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Nigel

Very sorry you have found yourself in this predicament. You mentioned that you were not advised that there were early termination charges - if that is the case then I would recommend calling our team on 0800 800 152 and asking to raise a mis-sale. That should be something we always make customers aware of at the point of sale, so if the fact that ETCs may apply has not been brought to your attention, that to me is grounds for a mis-sale.

I myself do not work in a department with cloud phones, but I thought they were quite cheap, so that amount seems very high indeed, and may well be incorporating broadband. Unless it is a bundled service, I don't see what you would not be able to keep the broadband.

I wish you all the best with this one!

Regards

Ryan

nigeldturner

Thanks, Ryan.

I called today and the issue has been escalated to a manger. I live in hope!

Cloud termination charge is actually £1,196, so a little less than previously quoted, but still excessive in my opinion. I'm going to speak to Ofcome to get their views.

Best wishes,

Nigel

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Nigel

Ah, good to hear you are making some progress with this! All the best with this, I hope that it can all get sorted promptly and efficiently for you!

Regards

Ryan