cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Re VOIP please!

PLSS

Hi

I run a small consultancy business alongside my other employment. I have a VOIP phone line (056 etc) but this is on a residential line, with apparently no facility for any added features. I was hoping to use this as my "business" line until the business develops and funds allow a dedicated business line, but I need call forwarding to my mobile and/or voicemail, as I work around the country.

As an embryonic business I don't have the money to invest in a dedicated business line, but also don't want to be using my mobile or home number in advertising!

Am I asking too much of this residential VOIP line? If call forwarding and/or voicemail is possible, how can I do it?

If none of the above are possible, then I'd appreciate your feedback on the best way forwards, i.e. the most cost effective way of getting a landline with call forwarding (but will get away with voicemail).

Thanks in anticipation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PLSS

Well, BT have excelled themselves by having all that I want available, just a shame I had to hunt so hard to find it all online- no mention of it in the paperwork I had guys!!

Anyway, call divert now set up and appears to be working; I have also set up softphone, which I need to fiddle with a bit as volume too variable.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

PLSS

Well, BT have excelled themselves by having all that I want available, just a shame I had to hunt so hard to find it all online- no mention of it in the paperwork I had guys!!

Anyway, call divert now set up and appears to be working; I have also set up softphone, which I need to fiddle with a bit as volume too variable.