cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help configuring Versatility V-IP FeaturePhones

CherryTreeIT

Hi,

I have a few V-IP FeaturePhones that connect to our Versatility PBX and it seems when they were origionally set up they were configured with static IP addresses rather than to use DHCP.  This was fine while they remained on our network but we are about to hand them out to staff at remote locations and I need to reconfigure them to use dynamic addresses.

I have been unable to find any information online and it seems we were not supplied any manuals for these phones (just the normal V-8 feature phones)

Any help very much appreciated asI need to get the handsets sent out ASAP and this is driving me mad!

Many thanks

Paul

CherryTreeIT.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I'm sorry that you have not yet had a response to this enquiry. If it is that the terminals have been programmed with Static Addresses this can be changed the following way:

Power off the V-IP phone, hold keys “7” and “8”, and wait until you see two options that should be “Program Database” and “Default Database”.

Press “Program Database” and keep pressing the button next to the “>>” on the display until you reach an option that says “DHCP?”. Here you can select “Enable” or “Disable”. When the required option has been selected, carry on pressing the button next to the “>>” and it will ask “Save Changes?” , select “Yes” then press any key to continue. This will then be DHCP enabled. It is also worth noting that the sections “Static IP” , “Default Subnet” and “Default Gateway” do not need to be altered as they will simply be ignored when DHCP is set to “Enabled”.

These phone will work externally providing the Broadband Module has the VOIP interface set as IP WAN and they have a Static IP address from BT Broadband / Other ISP at the site of the Broadband Module. This must be programmed in the “Remote System” section on the V-IP phone which is accessed the same via “Program Database”.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I'm sorry that you have not yet had a response to this enquiry. If it is that the terminals have been programmed with Static Addresses this can be changed the following way:

Power off the V-IP phone, hold keys “7” and “8”, and wait until you see two options that should be “Program Database” and “Default Database”.

Press “Program Database” and keep pressing the button next to the “>>” on the display until you reach an option that says “DHCP?”. Here you can select “Enable” or “Disable”. When the required option has been selected, carry on pressing the button next to the “>>” and it will ask “Save Changes?” , select “Yes” then press any key to continue. This will then be DHCP enabled. It is also worth noting that the sections “Static IP” , “Default Subnet” and “Default Gateway” do not need to be altered as they will simply be ignored when DHCP is set to “Enabled”.

These phone will work externally providing the Broadband Module has the VOIP interface set as IP WAN and they have a Static IP address from BT Broadband / Other ISP at the site of the Broadband Module. This must be programmed in the “Remote System” section on the V-IP phone which is accessed the same via “Program Database”.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.