cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cessation of BT Business Bundle WITHOUT my Approval - Has BT been hacked??

hejhog

14th December received this email from BT

#########################

We're stopping your service
Hello Mr Michael Brxxxxxxxx,

Another customer has asked to take over the telephone line at your address on 06/01/2021. So we'll end your contract on the same date, and send you a final bill soon.

etc......

Thought this was a hoax as 1. my name is not Michael B and 2. I had never agreed for someone to take over my number.

Logged into my account and I had 2 orders showing one for a Jiffy to rreturn equipment and one for cessation of account !!!!!!!!!!

Spoke to customer service via Live Chat.  Explained I had never given permission for the cessation of account and they assured me this would be resolved.   So I assumed this would be cancelled and it was a genuine mistake.   However......................

15th December I receive another email

########################

We're stopping your service

Hello Mrs Caroline B*****,

Another customer has asked to take over the telephone line at your address on 06/01/2021. So we'll end your contract on the same date, and send you a final bill soon

etc......

My name is not Caroline B and once again I had never agreed for someone to take over my number.  Logged into my account and I have an active cessation notice!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now going to have to waste my time once again to try and resolve this.  HAS BT BEEN HACKED?????????

2 REPLIES 2

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

It sounds like you've been 'slammed'

Call the helpdesk on 0800 800 154 and ask them to investigate it before it goes too far. There is a dedicated slamming team within BT that can assist but you need to go through the helpdesk.

Thanks

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi hejhog

When BT business receive a request to takeover an active phone line we're required to send you a notification to allow you time to reject the takeover if it's not something you're authorising. The notification should give a method of how to get in touch to let us know - did you manage to get this one sorted?

Beth

^BethM