cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically create new email addresses

GIRW

We have just bought BT Business Total Broadband having previously been with AOL.

I was impressed - just plugged in the wifi router and within minutes we were on the internet.

It would be a great help if BT also automated the setup of email addresses with the extension btconnect.com.

We are going round in circles trying to create our own btconnect.com email addresses and have for now now created hotmail email addresses.

I expect I will find out in the next couple of days but I just want a plug and go package.

bfn Graham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OldWolf
Guru

Hi Graham,

Automated email address creation equals (imo) a bad thing, especially for a business.

Anyway creating email addresses:

1. Go to http://myoffice.bt.com.

2. Log in with your primary email address on the account.

3. Click 'Manage Services'.

4. Find the link for managing users.

5. Create a new user, which can take up to 48 hours to appear (cheers to Jonesy for that).

Sorted.

Cheers.

Dave A

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

gugaguga
Power User

I don't think this is possible at the moment but there are third party softwares that could do this.

OldWolf
Guru

Hi Graham,

Automated email address creation equals (imo) a bad thing, especially for a business.

Anyway creating email addresses:

1. Go to http://myoffice.bt.com.

2. Log in with your primary email address on the account.

3. Click 'Manage Services'.

4. Find the link for managing users.

5. Create a new user, which can take up to 48 hours to appear (cheers to Jonesy for that).

Sorted.

Cheers.

Dave A

MHC
Guru

Exactly as OldWold says ... it is rrmarkably easy.

I created a new user yesterday - took 2 minutes and if I had wanted another it would be just another minute.  

Set up OE with te user and server details, then sent and received test messages within less than 5 minutes.   Outside users were immmediately able to send to it too.

The only problem might be if you want a popular name john.smith@ when you may need to try various combinations or variants to locate an unused one