cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Advanced Web hosting - pdo_mysql?

Crucia

So when I purchased this package a few days ago, it was under the assurance that a number of php extensions were installed with their version of PHP5.

To the most part, I'm satisfied. Even some irregular extensions that we needed were actually installed apart from perhaps the most important one: pdo_mysql.

The person whom I'm building this site for contacted BT before me:

"they said it is on there we just need to activate it, on the account go onto the management tab and then onto the database management tab if you want to do it together let me know when your free"

So uhh, I followed his advice: http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6181/54807687.jpg

lolwut?

Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jake

2 REPLIES 2

dave
Guru

The PHP extensions that seem to be installed are:

xmlwriter, libxml, dom, xmlreader, xml, wddx, tokenizer, session, pcre, SimpleXML, SPL, PDO, soap, siteguard, SQLite, standard, Reflection, pdo_sqlite, mysqli, mysql, mcrypt, mbstring, json, imap, iconv, hash, gettext, gd, filter, dbase, dba, date, curl, ctype, zlib, openssl, apache

It sounds like your client or the BT staff member were confusing this with activating a MySQL database as this is what the screnshot is for. Obviously this is something entirely different.

Past experience shows that BT do not install PHP extensions on request so unfortunately you would need to find an alternative way to achieve whatever you are trying to do.

FIMASY

FIMASY.com  E-mail: ivan.petkovic@btconnect.com

and host my simple web design please instruction step by step how

regards

Ivan