cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity to Wordpress

WilliamJames

I am experiencing what must be a related problem. I was not, until I was directed by a colleague at the wordpress.org forum to check the firmware on my router that I have also been 'upgraded' remotely. I host wordpress sites at a Hosting company who have referred me to my ISP to solve a very unusual issue - specific only to this hosting company. Any attempt to access the .../wp-admin or .../wp-login.php access URL's for my W/P Dashboard results in the Router disconnecting. I am able to access wordpress installations hosted elsewhere, and I am able to access the affected W/P Dashboard using a proxy - I contacted BT Business support some hours ago and await the response...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JohnE
Guru

WiiliamJames, your issue is entirely unrelated to the issue being discussed in this thread.  I am going to move and re-title it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

WilliamJames

I was advised to adjust the MTU setting for the Router - this resulted in complete loss of connectivity - not great progess so far.

WilliamJames

BT are now sending out a pre-firmware update Router, the same model I have assumed - to see if that will cure the issue - absolutely bizarre problem - here is a summary: Affecting only WP installations on one hosting company's server - the admin URL (../wp-admin or ../wp-login.php disconnects the PC from the Router, which needs a reboot to restore connectivity - what do you make of that?

JohnE
Guru

WiiliamJames, your issue is entirely unrelated to the issue being discussed in this thread.  I am going to move and re-title it.

WilliamJames

OK JohnE ~ Thanks. My first post in the BT Support Forum!

Will I still be subscribed to the thread? 

WilliamJames

JohnE Hi - The 'new' Hub resolved the issue - thank you for your patience.

William