cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer 9

JohnE
Guru

There seems to be some confusion about how the Forum behaves when using Internet Explorer 9.  The supplier of the forum software is aware of an issue resulting in blank posts.  This doesn't happen when Compatibilty View is used in IE 9.  Here is Microsoft's own support article on the subject:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956197

I will be moving any posts on this subject to this thread.

6 REPLIES 6

MHC
Guru

Biggless - your post has appeared as a total blank!   

There is a board issue and before anyone says IE9, I am using FF and have tried IE8 with the same result.

JohnE
Guru

MHC, as I pointed out on another thread, we are aware of an issue with Microsoft browsers and Compatibility mode causing blank posts.  There may very well be other issues with other browsers, depending on how, precisely, they have been set up.  This post was composed and submitted using FireFox V.3.6.16 on a "stand alone" broadband connection with Firefox's default settings.

I have personally tested this site using: IE 6, 7 and 8 (compatibility mode), Safari (PC and OSX), Opera, Chrome and even a 10 year old Mozilla Camino (not even updated since 2003).

MHC
Guru

I can read all four of your replies, JohnE in both FF and  IE8.

It is almost certainly to do with posters using IE9

Biggless

yes - it seems to be an IE9 issue. After repeated attempts to load my question I have been forced to download Google Chrome browser. It seems to me rather pathetic that one of the worlds biggest communication corporations has a web site which will not function correctly with the Internet browser from the worlds biggest supplier of software. 

JohnE
Guru

There was no need for you to download a new browser, Biggless, as outlined in several posts here and elsewhere, this forum works fine using IE 9, as long as Compatibilty view is used.  There is a link to the Microsoft Support article in the initial post, above.

We have been advised by the supplier of the Forum software that IE 9 will not be fully supported until the regular update in May.  As I'm sure you appreciate, Microsoft don't necessarily consult the operators of Websites or Web based contact software before releasing upgrades to their browser.

MHC
Guru

In reference to the IE9 issue - I would not blame BT.   The board was working fine with every other browser, then Microsoft launch a new product that does not work with te application used here and also many others - the fault is with Microsoft and their launching of an incompatible product.