cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business Smarthub 3 Bridge mode greyed out.

PCharlwood

Hi all, 

I have recently had full fibre installed (Today) and was given the new Smarthub3 for business. So I can see the option to enable bridge mode but they Yes / No button is greyed out and I a not able to toggle it to yes. I have tried factory resetting the router a few times but this has not done anything. Has anyone else had this issue at all? 

9 REPLIES 9

PCharlwood

Picture incase it help, and when I try to click on the toggle I get a circle with a line through it. 

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 22.23.44.png

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi PCharlwood

What version of firmware is your router on?

^BethM

PCharlwood

Firmware version:

r1.19.1-R-898041-PROD-83002

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi PCharlwood

I have checked and can advise this is due to the bridge mode feature not being implemented yet for the Business Smart Hub 3. It is in the pipeline but there is no date for this I can advise. Are you trying to set it into bridge mode so you can use your own router? If so, you can connect your router straight to the ONT with an ethernet cable, you do not need to go via the SH3 in bridge mode. 

^BethM

PCharlwood

Yes this is exactly what I am trying to do, so I have removed the Smarthub now and just connected my Unifi USG directly to the ONT, thanks a lot this is very helpful. That said though I am only getting 350MB when doing a speed test with a hardwired laptop in to the network when I should be getting 910 or at least the high 800MB. Any thoughts on this at all but I get that this is a non BT question. 

Thanks a lot for the info and also looking in to the details of the smarthub3 not having this feature turned on yet. really appreciate the help. 

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi PCharlwood

What speeds were you getting on the SH3? 

^BethM

nishan

The Bridge mode option on BT Business Smart Hub 3 being greyed out is likely frustrating. Unfortunately, without this feature, alternative setups, like connecting directly to the ONT, might be necessary.

850MB but connecting my Unifi USG I am getting about 350. 

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi PCharlwood

How strange, if you're getting full speeds on the SH3 but only 350mbps on the USG I would have to assume it is something within the USG itself. Are you using the same cables for both routers? That's the only variable I can guess might make a difference. Sorry I can't be of more help. 

^BethM