cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid Connect

Haggis

I believe this amy have been asked before but can anyone confirm or otherwise that port forwarding still works when the hybrid connect is live.

We have a fixed/static external address and all works ok when fibre connection is live but port forwarding seems to stop when the backup hybrid connect kicks in. Using a SmartHub 3

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Haggis 

It should still work. Have you spoken to our Tech team yet about this?

^BethM

I haven't spoken to them yet but will try although I still think this is a problem with the hybrid connection using a different external addressing system.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Haggis

Please let me know how you get on and if you need help, just send me a private message. It should work I believe so they would need to look into why this isn't happening. 

^BethM

Hi BethM,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Here are some of the replies I got from tech support.

Your hybrid connect wont work for port forwarding as that is providing backup to your main router even if it smart hub 3

your devices were connected to  the same hub and still its connected to the same hub The only difference is that the hub was using the line to provide internet now it is using internet from hybrid connect to provide internet

To clarify something from my point of view I mentioned that the only port forwarding we use is for a live stream camera. While I understand the backup bandwidth may be inadequate I am still unable to access the camera remotely using the port forwarding which works ok on the live broadband connection.

Answer:

The camera settings are the same and your camera is connected to the main hub so you can access it from anywhere as per the settings you have set because it is not connected to the hybrid connect so there should not be access issues unless if it's not able to take that much load

only the smart hub is connected to hybrid connect which is taking internet from hybrid connect to transfer data
to your devices.
did you try to check this remotely when the cameras are only connected and the other devices are off ?

While I haven't tried this last suggestion, there appears to be some ambiguity in the answers.

The first statement says port forwarding won't work and yet I am being to check if it works with other devices disconnected.

If you can do anything further to clarify this port forwarding issue I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Haggis

Apologises for the confusion, I will reach out internally and find out the answer for you. I will come back to you on this. 

^BethM

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Haggis

Being told it should work on Hybrid Connect as it relates to the internal network and the only thing that changes with going onto a Hybrid Connection is the external network. Can you please send over a private message with some account details so I can get my Tech team to look into this further if that's not the case?

^BethM

Hi Beth,

Thank you for that.

I think it’s the change to the external network which causes the problem.

Although our static ip address appears to remain the same the port forwarding aspect seems to fail which I suspect is due to some ip addressing problem with the backup external work.

If you can let me know how to send you a private message then I’ll happily give you the account details.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Haggis

If you click on my username, there should be a button to private message me from there. 

^BethM