cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1571 no longer stores incoming text messages if Call Divert on

JayJ

For a few years now, if I diverted my BT landline to my mobile, texts to the BT number would be received by the BT landline and stored for retrieval on 1571 (I also got alerts to my mobile diversion).

I discovered today that anyone texting my BT landline fails i.e. if the BT landline is diverted, the text does not end up being recieved/stored either by the BT landline 1571 or by my mobile diversion.

Looks like some change in the exchange system software - was this intentional, and if so, why?  Seems to be a loss of functionality, not a gain.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

JayJ

OK - worked it out.

BT are now using a new service - the text message does not get stored on the BT Landline if Divert is on - instead you get a 'call' from 07953 066966 on your diverted mobile, which - if you answer it - will read out the text message.

The problem is if you can't answer your mobile of course...  in that case, after a period of time the text sender gets a message saying 'text delivery not possible'.

so, not exactly a perfect system - in fact IMHO one step back from the old, supposedly less elegant 1571 system.