cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£60 a month for this? :S

UploadSpeed

I don't own a home phone (I have just moved house and have very, very little money right now) so I am pretty much tied to these boards and whatever help I can get from BT online. I should be able to get help from them online right? Unfortunately though, BT haven't seemed to make it very easy to get help from on this site (their chat is like NEVER open, and they don't accept any of my passwords, usernames, account numbers, my other account number, broadband numbers, or any other of the billions of other numbers they provide that massively confuse things), unless by great luck a moderator reponds to me on this... I can pray right? 🙂

So here's my prolem! - When I first called up BT on 0800 028 2302 - BT Infinity for Business, to start up my order, I agreed to pay quite a bit per month for a 24 month contract, specifically for the fast upload speed for my business (the guy on the phone quoted for me (I believe after conduction a check?) either 5 mbps or 8 mbps upload speed). - Awesome! Just what I need for my business. 

I have less than 1 mbps upload speed, and I see that 
they have given me an ADSL line and no BT Infinity like I asked for! O_O

What can I do? As I say I have no home phone to contact them on, so what I can I do here? 

5 REPLIES 5

UploadSpeed

no help. 

Burkem5
Guru

I am sorry about this -  i would strongly suggest you contact us.  I am one of the advisors on the technical help chat -  and will do everything i can in order to get this fixed for you 

UploadSpeed

Ahh Burkem! You will be my angel? 😄 

I would love to speak to you on the tech help chat but for the life of me I cannot find the means of doing so.. >.<

I click "Faults and Technical Help" and choose the "Broadband and Internet" option.. then BT Infinity for Business but there's no chat option.. What should I click to get to chat to online help?

So, so, SO many thanks! If you can help me sort this, I would be so very grateful! Thank you so!

UploadSpeed

As an update to this message I spoke to BT today and they actually connected me to the representative that sold me this package in the first place! The staff were incredibly helpful and the guy who sold me the package told me that I am to expect the right package in up to 10 days. He apologised for all of this and seems to have set everything right. Apparently there was some kind of mix up.. The only thing now is hoping I get the right one this time, and that the engineer shows up!

I thought I would update this for anyone reading who is in a similar position to me and is worried... 

There are NO termination fees for the BT Business Complete Broadband I was given in error (and am currently using), or fees to transfer me over to the BT Business Infinity package I originally (tried to!) ordered. 🙂

Hopefully things go smoothly from here though I will update this thread again when it all comes though to tell you how things go. 🙂

UploadSpeed

Another update - our enginner came yesterday and set me up with the correct package and now I have what I ordered and the correct speeds. 🙂