cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASP. Net Settings

Afawkes
I have created an asp.net application I have enabled asp.net on the account. I have found out that you need to create a databases directory above the public directory to get the application to access a database but it doesn't like asp.net in a sub fold in my domain. Can anyone shed any light on the simple settings for ASP.Net required to get it up and running on an advanced web hosting package with both asp and asp.net enabled as I am seriously struggling to understand how to make my application work.

The directories are: App_Code, this is where I put all my class files (.vb) also the correct settings for web.config and App_Data just to make sure that I am not missing anything obvious.

I do have a fileupload object in my application and this requires an absolute path to save the files to if anyone knows how this is structured I would be most grateful.

Would it be best to upload a compiled version of my application?

Thanks to all in advance

Anthony
6 REPLIES 6

rampatter

I answered becuse nobody is answered yet for this question , i am just redirecting u to a link , from there you can study all basics about asp.net . try this

http://asp.net-informations.com

rampatter.

kimura
Super User

Hi Afawkes, got any luck on this one yet?

orthohin
Grand Master

You can see the web API, Please have a look..

http://www.asp.net/

Orthohin

matmiller

I am a fresh bird for ASP.NET applications. So I want to get some advice from you guys. I integrated a barcode reader dll into my VS. And it successfully read the barcodes and output them to data strings. And here is my question, how could I use some C# codes to draw those data string to Excel? Have you eve draw some data strings to other applications in ASP.NET applications? if yes, please do me a favor!

internetsms

Want to send important information to you customer or clients about your products, services

and new Jobs..!!
The Best way is direct messaging on there Mobile. This is Mobile Marketing
@Check our Bulk SMS Services new route BSNL transactional just @ 15p, Promotional @ 20p.

for more information and other routes check our website globalbulksms.com

@Afawkes wrote:

I have created an asp.net application I have enabled asp.net on the account. I have found out that you need to create a databases directory above the public directory to get the application to access a database but it doesn't like asp.net in a sub fold in my domain. Can anyone shed any light on the simple settings for ASP.Net required to get it up and running on an advanced web hosting package with both asp and asp.net enabled as I am seriously struggling to understand how to make my application work.

The directories are: App_Code, this is where I put all my class files (.vb) also the correct settings for web.config and App_Data just to make sure that I am not missing anything obvious.

I do have a fileupload object in my application and this requires an absolute path to save the files to if anyone knows how this is structured I would be most grateful.

Would it be best to upload a compiled version of my application?

Thanks to all in advance

Anthony