cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing websites like itunes, bbc news etc on BT Business Broadband... HELP! :(

RevSeb

Hi,

I've recently had BT Business Broadband set up at my home by my company, using a 2701HGV-C hub.  I can access some websites fine, like google etc, but if i try and access some sites, such as itunes, appleid.apple.com, bbc.co.uk and more, I can't.  I get a 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' message, then a 'BT Business Desktop Help' window pops up, with a big black square where text should be, and two options, 'Fix' or 'Ignore'.  'Ignore' just closes the window, and 'Fix' just takes me to the BT Business Desktop Help main screen, and leaves me to fend for myself.... which is not very helpful.

I've tried unplugging the hub, resetting the wifi, even uninstalling and re-installing the 'Bt Broadband Desktop Help', but nothing works at all.  I've tried port forwarding, opening ports, 'allowing applications' on the firewall options, and all sorts.  But I HAVE in my travels seen a screenshot that has a 'Access Control' option in the 'Quick Service Links' section, but my hub doesn't seem to have that....

anyone have any ideas?  The point is my company said i can use the business broadband as my personal broadband, instead of having a second line fitted, but at the moment I can hardly do anything with it!  My itunes account is unreachable, so i can't update genius, get podcasts, buy music or anything.

help!  😞 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MHC
Guru

I have a 2701-C and have none of those issues.

Works fine on IE and FF - what happens if you install Firefox and try browsing through that?

The Access Control was in the older 2700 but removed in the latest firmware upodate and never in the 2701.

Are you using your work PC or personal?   If a work PC is it creating a VPN tunnel and you are trying to break out through your corporate network?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MHC
Guru

Works fine on IE and FF - what happens if you install Firefox and try browsing through that?

The Access Control was in the older 2700 but removed in the latest firmware upodate and never in the 2701.

Are you using your work PC or personal?   If a work PC is it creating a VPN tunnel and you are trying to break out through your corporate network?

MHC
Guru