cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT 2700HGV Openzon nabld

juvicricra
Hi all,
I have enabled openzone on my router, now when I connect to my LAN via wireless connection it keeps dropping out, even with good signal strength.  Any suggestions as to what is wrong
Rgards
5 REPLIES 5

akhter

not sure whats wrong, but FYI enable BT Openzone, allows anyone with BT Internet connection to "Jump" on your Wifi and you will "Share" apart of your internet bandwidth with them!

akhter

Oh forgot to say, make sure you connect to your normal Wifi Named connection. not the BT Open Zone one, as your router now shows two Wifi Networks.. and I would assume the BT Openzone one is limited in some way...

MHC
Guru

But remember that if OZ is enabled then you can use other OZ hotspots at no charge.

Mine is turned on but it has never been used as no one can get close enough to pick up the signal unless they are in my garden but I make use of OZ when out and about.

akhter

Thanks correct.. and as no one can get on it that great...

Just make sure when you are connecting to your own router that you dont connect to the OZ, but to your normal Wifi Name..

nayan007
Super User

I am having the same problem and finally sorted out from this post and working fine for me without no connection dropSmiley Happy