cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT 2700HGV routing with 5 public IP's

davidgraham

Hi,

I've read through a lot of other posts here and hope I'm picking things up wrong (it wouldn't be the first time). I have a 2700HGV with 5 public IP's and recently upgraded our network from SBS2003 to SBS2008. The default setup in SBS2003 is a server with 2 NIC's, one had a public IP, the other in the range 192.168.16.x, with all client PC's in the same 192.168.16.x range. Windows mobile phones and iPhone's all set to servers public IP and worked just fine.

However, the default setup for SBS2008 is only 1 NIC, it is setup in the range 192.168.1.x, so all client PC's have now moved onto this new range. I had set the phones to access via the routers WAN IP address and this worked fine, until Saturday morning when the router decided to refresh it's WAN IP. I can see the current IP by going to Settings > Broadband > Status > Internet Details > Current internet connection > IP address , but this is the one that BT seem to keep changing. There is another public IP address in Settings > Broadband > Status > Public networks > Router address , this IP is in the same range as my 5 fixed IP's.

What I need to do is find a fixed IP I can use for the phones to access the server, this works Ok with the Current internet connection > IP address but as BT keep changing this it's not a long term solution. Can I somehow use the IP in the Settings > Broadband > Status > Public networks > Router address section, perhaps by using port forwarding, I've tried a few options but with no success so far. What I would really like to do is assign one of my fixed IP's to the server, but by mapping a public IP to a 192.168.1.x address, however I can't find a way to do this, and have read other posts saying this cannot be done with the 2700HGV.

Surely there's a way for me to have a server with a local IP, that can be accessed over the internet for e-mail, remote web workplace, outlook web access etc.

Thanks in advance

David Graham

14 REPLIES 14

MetA

Thanks, dg, yeah it's the 5 static option as we do more than just one service.

It's ridiculous that a so-called business service doesn't work with the most common business server available in the market !!

Especially as the manual from BT for setup talks about hot to operate DHCP on the server and how to operate static IP. Just you try both and it folds. Sounds like a case of marketing and tech not talking 🙂

spank
Grand Guru

Just to clarify, Vigor isn't Cisco based, I'm confusing it with linksys apprently.

Thanks

Alanh

David, do you have a link to how you set this up?

davidgraham

AlanH,

Are you trying to see how I setup the 2700HGV, or the Draytek?

David

sanctuarydan

I'm currently struggling to make a 2820 multiNAT on a 21CN ADSL2+ connection on a 2820Vsn with the 5 static IP addresses

The PPP keeps dropping and the WAN IP aliasing stops working.

Yet the same config on a selection of Zen connections works fine.

Any pointers greatfully received.

Danny