cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT BH3, Airplay and media streaming

paulgreenhifi

Hi, I hope somebody can help us!

I work in a audio/visual store and we appear to be having a number of problems with airplay and streaming with our BT business hub 3. In one example we have a Pioneer AVR that will stream from a media server and will also receive Airplay.

The Pioneer is cabled to the router and the laptop supllying the Airplay is wireless. We have set the Pioneer to DHCP and made sure its enabled on the router. Once turned on Airplay and streaming will work ok. If we stop (turn off the amp or laptop connection) once we go back we cannot get a connection. 

The only way to get it back it to go into the settings of the pioneer and click on the network settings without changing anything. This has the effect of rebooting the connection. The other way is to unplug the connection and reconnect.

This is incredibly frutrating and not good for demonstrations. I should point out that the same happens with streaming from a media server where it wont find the server again until rebooted. It also happens with different brands. And we have also allocated a static IP in the settings of both the AVR and router. We have also tried turning off the firewall of the router.

Having googled around it seems that some people are getting very similar problems with the HH3. Any help would be greatly received!

Thanks, Jon

0 REPLIES 0