cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business Hub 2701HGV-UK Port Forwarding shows Errors

akhter

Hi,

I'm trying to setup port forwarding on a BT Business Hub 2701HGV-UK (Firmware Version 6.3.9.41-Plus.tm), once logged on to the router I'm going to..

Settings -> Firewall -> Allow Applications, Pinholes and DMZ Mode

Under 1) Select a Computer,

I'm entering an valid IP Address and selecting the Choose Button.

Under 2) Edit Firewall Settings for this computer

I'm selecting the radio button for "Allow Individual Application(s)....."

Then selecting for example HTTPS Server (same problem for any application from the list) from the list of applications and click the Add button.

After a short time, a message in red comes back saying "Errors"

I don't see what I'm doing wrong, any idea's please?

Thanks in Advance.

5 REPLIES 5

danhague
Power User

Hi. Instead of "Allow Individual Application"  , does it have an option to input the TCP or UDP port instead?

Because using the port is more accurate than just the application name. 

akhter

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Yes and No. Each application is setup with ports TCP or UDP etc. you can add custome applications where you then configure your own port setup, save it. Then it is shown in the applications list.

I have tried adding a custome one, but same error message. 

I have also factory reset it.

I have configured tones of the 2700HGV with no problem with allowing (opening) ports through the firewall. I wondering if its a bug in the firmware.

markp
Grand Guru

Hi akhter,

The device you are trying to assign the portforwarding rule to, does it show in the device list within the routers firewall section?

If the device name does not show in the list, this could be why you are getting errors, as the router is looking for the IP and cannot assign a name to the device.

If you access the diagnostics section of the router, there is a section titled IP utilities ping the IP the device is on, you may need to do this a few times.  Once you have done this go back to the firewall section to check that the device name now shows, then try re-assigning the port forwarding rule.

Regards

Mark

BT Business Forum Moderator

akhter

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply, the device I'm trying to map to is outside the routers DHCP scope on an static IP address. So will not show in the device list.

As a test I have configured a PC to get DHCP from the router. This works ok, and is shown in the device list. If I use the IP Utilities, it works by pinging the DHCP Issued IP address but will not ping by the hostname of workstation. "invalid host address or hostname: pc-name"

I have tried adding an application for the machine that has got the DHCP address, and receive the same error. "Errors" Is there anyway of getting more detail of what these errors are. (there doesnot appear to be anything recorded in the Logs section)

Thanks, Mark

PS one thing I forgot to say is that the router is currently not connected to a phone line while I'm configuring it. (I configured many of the 2700HGV in this way with no problems)

opticcctv

Bt Business hub Doesnt recorgnise my Video Recorder devices as same problem I fiexed but Still I cant understand why al routers can recorgnise(Netgear, Zyxel, Thomson, Belkin ....) but BT Hub cant? even in firewall I cant enable ports for

UDP 34599 for ip address 192.168.1.100(my devices ip addres which I assign)

answer: They explained in their webside

http://www.opticcctv.com__