cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Have to Install Standard Broadband before installing Infinity

sjk2310

Hi

I am moving house to a place that already has BT Infinity Installed and active until the current owner moves out. Natuarlly I have ordered BT Infinity.

I am told that I have to install BT Standard (ADSL) first and then they will order an upgrade to BT Infinity which will take 5-10 days.

Given that the Master Socket will already be setup for BT Infinity this seems somewhat of an odd approach.

I this normal practice for the Installation of Infinity

Please help a confused person

2 REPLIES 2

downhampdw

@sjk2310 wrote:

Hi

I am moving house to a place that already has BT Infinity Installed and active until the current owner moves out. Natuarlly I have ordered BT Infinity.

I am told that I have to install BT Standard (ADSL) first and then they will order an upgrade to BT Infinity which will take 5-10 days.

Given that the Master Socket will already be setup for BT Infinity this seems somewhat of an odd approach.

I this normal practice for the Installation of Infinity

Please help a confused person

HELLO SIR,

FIRSTLY, DID YOU HAVE ADSL BROADBAND AT YOUR OLD ADDRESS, IF SO THEN YOU WILL HAVE THAT MOVED TO YOUR LINE FIRST, YOUR BILLS WILL BE UPDATED WITH YOUR NEW ADDRESS ON. THEN THEY SHOULD BOOK ANOTHER APPOINTMENT FOR AN ENGINEER TO COME OUT AND INSTALL INFINITY BY BRINGING A OPENREACH MODEM AND FITTING A SPECIAL LINEBOX, USUALLY AN ADAPTER FITS OVER EXISTING ONE.

THEN YOUR BILL WILL THEN BE UPDATED TO SHOW REFUND OF ADSL AND THEN THE CHARGE FOR INFINITY, ABOUT 35 POUNDS A MONTH.

LASTLY, TWO DAYS BEFORE YOUR ENGINEER ARRIVES, YOU SHOULD RECEIVE A WELCOME PACK FOR FIBRE IN THE POST, IT CONTAINS TWO CABLES, 1 WITH YELLOW ENDS AND 1 WITH RED ENDS.

I HOPE THIS HELPS.

PAUL.

downhampdw

JUST TO ADD NOTE, IF YOU ARE A RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER YOUR WILL RECEIVE A HUB 5 INSTEAD OF DESCRIBED AND THE ENGINEER WILL ONLY FIT THE LINEBOX.

REGARDS PAUL.