cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Openzone stuck on pending

RossN

Hi all,

I've been pointed this way by the guys in the residental forum.

I'm trying to help my boss get a openzone hotspot up and running on his bt business router (2701HGV-C) (basically I've been sort of 'delegated' as I'm seen as the local computer 'expert' lol 🙂

I've got the router in the best place to give a good signal to most of the premises and then logged into it and clicked on the option to activate openzone.

It changed to pending and then I would have expected it to change to enabled at some point in the next 24 hours per the help files etc.

However that was Monday, and it's still showing pending just now - nearly a week later.

I've tried restarting the router (from it's own control pages), and also powering it off and on - neither has worked.

Is there anything else I need to do to get it working, or will we need to contact BT?

Thanks

Ross

4 REPLIES 4

MHC
Guru

My experience is that changes like that happen well with the 24 hours - often just a few hours.

Business Tech Support - 0845 600 7020 may be able to sort it.

OR

Turn OpenZone off - and leave it off for 24 hours and then re-activate it.    

mydearcosmo
Power User

I've been looking for the right number as I can't find it in the contact section of BT. Thanks for providing it here.

markp
Grand Guru

Hi RossN,

If the routers BT openzone is stuck as pending and it has been like this for more than 24hrs, I would suggest to factory reset the router.

Once the factory reset has been done, openzone will automatically be on.

Regards

Markp

BT Business Forum Moderator

RossN
Hi Mark and all,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried turning openzone off and on but I couldnt get it to turn off as the option to disable it was greyed out.

I'll try the factory reset option but will need to wait till next week as he is on holiday and only left the broadband username and not the password! Grr!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Ross