cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Versatility Broadband Module - VOIP

PaulDG

Anyone got any ideas how to set up a BT versatility with a broadband module accept non BT voice calls?

5 REPLIES 5

ihesketh

The Broadband modules are preconfigured to operate with the BT Broadband Voice service.  However, this service is not obligatory.  The Broadband modules may be configured to operate via other ISP's broadband services and other VoIP services.

The relevant settings may be viewed and modified after entering the Broadband module > Setup > VoIP screen by selecting "Change Advanced VoIP settings here".

All of the necessary settings are visible for modules with the latest firmware (v189).  However, some fields are hidden with earlier firmware versions.

It would be helpful if you are able to refer to the Broadband module manual, although this has some limitations.  The manual may be easily obtained in pdf format.

Let me know if you require further assistance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Watching out for innocent lambs being led to the ** slaughter.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

johnnyd

Is it possible to have more than 12 VOIP extensions with the addition of voip lines to the system?

Best regards

John Devine

ihesketh

The Broadband module has 2 available endpoints which support IP trunks. 

The Broadband Plus module has 12 available endpoints.  The 12 endpoints support IP trunks, IP extensions, unified messaging or any combination of all three.

In order to ensure adequate voice quality, due consideration should be given to the available bandwidth.

Further information may be found in the BT Versatility Broadband module manual.  The manual is available in pdf format.

Let me know if you require further explanation.

Watching out for innocent lambs being led to the ** slaughter.

johnnyd

So could I configure 1 endpoint to be an ip trunk that talks to an asterisk box?

Best Regards

John Devine

burnsies02
Hi John

You can't configure the BB+ module to add Asterisk extensions, but you can configure it to use the Asterisk as Trunks. If you need more extensions then you would need to configure endpoints on the Asterisk and get the Asterisk to manage the routing. In this way, you could effectively have more extensions, but they would not act seamlessly at Versatility extensions, as the Versatility just isn't quite clever enough (or rather, the BB+ Module isn't).

Frankly, if you get to this level of deployment, and have your own Asterisk, I'd consider seriously if you need the Versatility. Alternatively, I think you may be able to connect a pair of Versatilities together (not through IP)? Not entirely sure about the possibilities or constraints, but it could be worth looking into?

Dave