cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Versatility, Problem Connecting to Broadband Module via LAN, (Unidentified Network/Limited)

coolguysvenster

Hey,

Im just adding a Broadband Module to my BT Versatility system, i have connected it up and first of all want to get the LAN setup (which is going to replace my BT Router at present hopefully).

However... When i connect a computer to one of the four LAN ports it comes up on the screen Unidentified Network and Limited. I have tried this with cables i know to be working (Tested) and also different computers (one running windows vista, one running windows 7). I have also made sure the network cards are loaded with the latest drivers too.

I am unable to access the ‘http://192.168.1.1’ via internet explorer to check and update settings. I have not connected ADSL to the router yet but merely wanted to establish and setup the LAN ready for when I effectively ‘go live!’. Even still without access to the control panel I would not be able to setup ADSL details would I?

Network Connection Details (PC Connected to Port 1):

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address: 169.254.199.171

IPv4 Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

IPv4 Default Gateway: (none)

IPv4 DNS Server: (none)

IPv4 WINS Server: (none)

from experience there should be values for the default gateway (i would expect to be 192.168.1.1) and DNS, WINS. Also i would have expected the IP range to have been 192.168.1.xxx too?? and the Subnet to be 255.255.255.0??

The only thing i can think of is that the firmware on the broadband module needs updating to be compatible with Vista/7 OS as i know OS's can sometimes not be compatible with older router firmwares as they are updated. I don't have the serial cable to connect to the system though at present so i am hoping somebody might have a solution for me? Please?

Cheers,

Steve

0 REPLIES 0