cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wifi to Boost mobile phone signal?

steverogers5

I've heard there's a service to allow my mobile phone to use the wifi and broadband connection when I'm in range. I have such a poor mobile signal (02) in the office I'm missing calls.

Please advise if such a service exists or is even possible

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MHC
Guru

Yes it is possible - but only for Vodafone customers.  Vodafone has a nano-cell (vert small cellular base station) which is connected to your broadband LAN.     Registered handsets can then use that cell.

I have installed several on LANs which use a BT Broadband connection and they work well (for Vodafone customers).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MHC
Guru

Yes it is possible - but only for Vodafone customers.  Vodafone has a nano-cell (vert small cellular base station) which is connected to your broadband LAN.     Registered handsets can then use that cell.

I have installed several on LANs which use a BT Broadband connection and they work well (for Vodafone customers).

steverogers5

Thanks for the info.   I wonder why it's only Vodafone?  O2's legacy is from BT Cellnet so I'd have expected some hook up there. 

Thanks anyway

MHC
Guru

Vodafone paid for the additional development of an existing unit and have an exclusive supply agreement in the UK.

Yes it would be nice if O2 offered one too but I have asked and hit a brick wall.

Offline-User

The vodafone offering is called sure signal and as suggested uses a broadband connection to boost signal... however o2 can use a solution called cel-fi that does this without any broadband connection

Do all you can and waste not a second | AMD FX 4-Core Black Edition FX-4100 + | Mobile Phone Signal Booster | PC1066 memory plus 533-MHz bus | Asus GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 VGA DVI HDMI Graphics Card | SAMSUNG SyncMaster P2770FH 27" Full HD LCD Monitor

Ccabrown

I understand that O2 has a mobile app that you can download - this will boost your signal from your home wi-fi. This is only available to contract customers, not pay-as-you-go.

chrisjohn93

What Kind of aggrement are you asking ???

BML

Why is there not a BT device?