cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT is HELL

Madashell

Tried posting on BT to help my mother with her problems.

Received sympathy but re-directed here

Could not use my new log in because it was a business forum sent here

I have now spend over 30 minutes trying to log into this forum to re-post.

I am a very intelligent Human Being this system is madness.   No wonder there are so many problems.

Back to my orignal complaint I tried to make over an hour ago.

I have joined to state the following:

Due to my mother, this account holder being in hospital I am attempting to deal with her mail.
I was surprised to see that you have passed her final (disputed) bill to a debt collection agency and insultingly added 25% to the alleged amount owing.

Whilst I realise you will not be able to discuss this matter with me I have nonetheless looked into this matter, and I can absolutely assure you there have been NO reminders in any form, royal mail, e mail or telephone as mentioned in your e mail of today, had there been I would have dealt with them as I am doing today!!

Sending large bills (unexpected) and then failing to deal with her formal complaint, but just setting a debt collection agency onto her with their threats is certainly not the way to go.

On her behalf I wish to make a formal complaint about this matter.   As mentioned, she is at present in hospital and I am handling matters for her, but I will certainly NOT be paying your threat monkeys anything, I have had plenty of dealings with this type of company and this is not the way to go to get a bill paid!!.

My mother is a senior citizen and at present unable to handle her affairs, so you will have to proceed with all your threats she is not able to pay (physically), you will be unable to deal with me, and putting incorrect marks on her credit files is not the way to go either.   Threats of Court will be handled by a higher agency than me.

If you are going to make threats, at least make sure you give correct information.   NO REMINDERS HAVE BEEN SENT A total miss truth on behalf of your company.

2 REPLIES 2

Madashell

Whilst hanging around waiting to get my registration confirmed I read this on another BT Forum

Whether or not you should pay depends on why you are leaving.  If you are leaving because of the price rise, and you informed BT that you are leaving because of that, then you should not have to pay anything.  Under BT's own T&Cs, OFCOM rules and consumer protection law, you have the right to leave without penalty.  If you do that, then BT should not charge you, but could ask for their equipment back, since you're not paying for it.

This posted by a moderator, but is exactly what my mothers' complaint is all about - a final bill because she left because of increases in her monthly bill which she could not pay, especially due to the poor service she was receiving of late.

She agreed she owed the final month, but not the extra charge for leaving 'early'.

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Madashell

I have sent you a private message can you repsond to this please?

Mark