cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT2700HGV - DHCP server enabled dosnt work

DDI

Hi,

I have recently installed the BT2700HGV to replace my DLINK within my existing system.

I needed to changed the routers address to 192.168.100.150 for the rest of my system to work correctly, due to many IP printers, servers, storage devices etc.

After doing this and creating the first DHCP address to 192.168.100.1 and last DHCP to 192.168.100.254... all seems well, until i need to install a new network attached storage device; this router will not enable me to enable DHCP server, so my new Network attached storage can not get its own IP address from my network... 

My other computers i manually told them which IP addresses to use because i could not get around this issue; but i really need to use this network attached storage device due to backup reasons, but no matter what i click and press and save and restart, i cannot get the DHCP server enabled to remain ticked.

i tick it, save it, and it just forgets 😞

please help!!! 🙂

i have checked and it has Hardware version: 2701-100589-005, Firmware version: 6.1.1.48.1-enh.tm

Thank you in advance.

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PocketAces

Hi Gary,

To get the DHCP working the first thing I would try is resetting the 2700 to the factory default settings.  You can do this by either using a pin hole or through the diagnostic settings on the GUI.  The factory defaults will give you the router IP of 192.168.1.254 and DHCP is enabled.  You will need to connect one PC/desktop to the router and make sure that the TCP/IP is set to obtain automatically, if you get an IP address from the router and are able to use the internet then we know that the router is working OK.  At this stage I would connect your new hardware to the router and see if it gets an IP address from the router.  If the standalone PC did get an IP address from the router then we know that DHCP is working on this router. I would then go back into the router GUI and change the router address and check the DHCP settings are still enabled, again I would test with a standalone PC that has TCP/IP set to obtain automatically and make sure that you are being provided with an IP address before connecting the rest of the network.

If restoring the router to the default settings made no difference and DHCP is still not working then the router would need to be replaced.

I hope this helps.

Julie

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

PocketAces

Hi Gary,

To get the DHCP working the first thing I would try is resetting the 2700 to the factory default settings.  You can do this by either using a pin hole or through the diagnostic settings on the GUI.  The factory defaults will give you the router IP of 192.168.1.254 and DHCP is enabled.  You will need to connect one PC/desktop to the router and make sure that the TCP/IP is set to obtain automatically, if you get an IP address from the router and are able to use the internet then we know that the router is working OK.  At this stage I would connect your new hardware to the router and see if it gets an IP address from the router.  If the standalone PC did get an IP address from the router then we know that DHCP is working on this router. I would then go back into the router GUI and change the router address and check the DHCP settings are still enabled, again I would test with a standalone PC that has TCP/IP set to obtain automatically and make sure that you are being provided with an IP address before connecting the rest of the network.

If restoring the router to the default settings made no difference and DHCP is still not working then the router would need to be replaced.

I hope this helps.

Julie