cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT2700HGV Firmware upgrade needed

diegomh7

Hi guys, im trying to block facebook from the network using a time schedule system on the router, the newer version of the firmware has content screening tools which is what I need. My version of the current firmware for the BT2700HGV router is 5.29.107.12 and the bt logo is in the left hand corner of the screen.

I called through to bt and after a 20 minute wait gave up as I was clogging up the business line being on hold for so long.

Can you please point me to a download link so I can do a manual upgrade via the tech/upgrade page once logged into the router.

thanx

Diego

Corporate Web Designers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

E-Overtime
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Diego,

Sorry for the problems you have been experiencing

Unfortunately we do not offer a download link for the firmware where you can run through the tech/upgrade option.

We can 'push' the latest firmware to your router - If you can send me a Private Message of your Router's Serial Number (Which can be obtained from routers GUI screen normally accessed on 192.168.1.254 then click on Settings > Summary) I will be able to get this arranged for you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

E-Overtime
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Diego,

Sorry for the problems you have been experiencing

Unfortunately we do not offer a download link for the firmware where you can run through the tech/upgrade option.

We can 'push' the latest firmware to your router - If you can send me a Private Message of your Router's Serial Number (Which can be obtained from routers GUI screen normally accessed on 192.168.1.254 then click on Settings > Summary) I will be able to get this arranged for you

a-hill
Grand Master

It's possible that this router may not be upgradable as version 5 routers need to be on a specific firmware before they can be pushed to version 6, I believe it needs to end in 117.6 to be upgradable. E-Overtime will be able to confirm when he gets the serial from yourself.