cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Both Neighbours can get infinity but i can't! Possible database error?

2infinityandbey

Hi There

We have recently installed a new line into a business unit on an industrial estate. We were confident that we could get infinity on it as before placing the order i used both neighbours phone numbers to check what was available and both could get it.

In fact everyone else on the industrial estate can get it other than us! Could this possibly be an error on the BT database? It doesn't help that the addresses are all 'company name' rather than build number which maybe where the issue has come from?

<removed by MOD this is a public forum please do not post account details>

As far as i can tell from the BT manholes and cut marks in the road the lines all come from the same place.

Please could a mod have a look and hopefully resolve?

Many thanks

Colin

4 REPLIES 4

markp
Grand Guru

Hii 2infinityandbeyond,

Please do not post line/account information as this is a public forum.

I have had a look at the checker for your line and your neighbours lines, it would appear that your line is coming off a different cabinet than your neighbours, which is why they are able to get fibre broadband and your line cannot.

Regards

Markp

2infinityandbey

Hi Mark

Thanks for the response. The numbers are businesses on an industrial estate - their information is already in the public domain. In fact im sure they both pay a fair amount of money each year in advertising their phone numbers and addresses to gain new customers!

Please can you tell me which cabinet im off and which cabinet the neighbours come off?

How do you suggest i get this issue resolved?

Thanks

2infinityandbey

Please can you tell me which cabinet im off and which cabinet the neighbours come off?

How do you suggest i get this issue resolved?

Burkem5
Guru

Hi there 2Infinity

This information is available on our DSL checker

Hope this helps

Burkem5