cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business broadband at 128 kpbs for 41 hours

slowbroadband
Hi all, We are in North London and have had an appaling 128 kpbs max download speed for 41 hours. The last status update message was at midnight on tuesday saying 2 hours to fix, no further info has been supplied ! How can we find out how long this will take to rectify ? No doubt the terms and conditions state something along the lines of 1 kpbs upwards but this kind of speed is ueseless as most of the web is now designed for bb speeds. Can anyone offer any info at all ?
4 REPLIES 4

slowbroadband

Still the same with no further info whatsoever from anyone within BT. Apart from the fact that the service status page now reports 'problem solved' which is clearly not true.

We have been ultra loyal customers of BT for decades but that loyalty will end as soon as we have cable or fibre as options from other suppliers.

What good is slow broadband (within terms and conditions) if it causes 'session timeouts' on the most important sites that we use daily for our Business.

markp
Grand Guru

Hi slowbroadband,

Have you tried a reboot on the router after the status of the exchange had been cleared? If this does not help with the issue, I would suggest contacting our business helpdesk, you can get them on the phone 24/7 by phoning 0845 600 7020 or you can contact our online chat desk by going to BT live chat .

Regards

Mark P

slowbroadband

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Its still the same, approaching 1 week now.

Its nothing to do with equipment and is a problem at the exchange with our port been throttled for no reason whatsoever. Sppedtests clearly show the port is throttled.

Nothing I can do, nothing bt can do.

Bt tell me everything is fine.

Looks like I just have to accept my 'new' speed.

markp
Grand Guru

Hi

Have you contacted the business helpdesk?

If you PM me the phone number and case ID I can have a look at the notes for you.

Regrads

Mark P