cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling BT Business Broadband Support Phone: why always 10 minutes minimum to answer call?

epiphany

I regularly have to call BT residential broadband support for my clients, the call is generally answered within a minute. Why when I have to call the business number for myself (which is quite regularly) am I always on hold for ten minutes, and this is after I've spent a minute or more trying to navigate the horrible automated voice answering system! Why are BT business customers treated wrose than their residential ones, this makes no sense to me?

2 REPLIES 2

johnmcquay

You're not alone unfortunately.  I called the business Technical Support number earlier today, entered my phone number to find that I had been put into a residential queue and then had to be transferred to business (waited 30 minutes for the call to be answered by res. and another 15 by business).

MHC
Guru

I find totally the opposite - normally answered within 1 to 2 minutes and quite often within just a few rings.

The only times when the delay may be longer is when a serious network problem occurs and everyone is calling -and that will affect both business and residential.

What numbers are you both using?