cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not send btconnect emails from iphone6

PHY
Both my wife and myself can not send emails from our btconnect email addresses on iPhone 6s - we can receive ok but not send - I have spoken to the BT helplines a number of times and we have been in to our local Apple shop, and no one can resolve the problem - we have also deleted the account a number of times & set it up again from scratch - all to no avail!!

Does anyone have a solution?

Mine is a business account and it looks unprofessional to have to reply to our clients on a different personal email address
5 REPLIES 5

markp
Grand Guru

Hi PHY,

normally an issue with sending mail, is incorrect server settings.  When you were in the Apple store did you get them to check that you were using these server setting for your outoging mail?

outgoing server:
smtp.office365.com
Port: 587
Encryption method: SSL set to on
enble outgoing authentication to password and use your email address and
password to authenticate

We have a help guide with screenshots, on the forum found here

Markp

PHY
Yes the correct settings were put in both @ Apple store and on the phone with BT - got the blue ticks as well confirming correct info, but still does not work - my wife did not have a problem using the old settings on her I phone 5 - it has only not worked with the 6 and the 365 settings - I even tried putting the old settings in the 6 but that did not work either !

markp
Grand Guru

Hi PHY,

when you are having the issue are you on a BT connection?

I have seen an issue like this before, can you try changing the DNS servers on the phone to use;

if you are not sure on how to change the DNS servers on the phone have a look at this link.

Markp

tacase

I have a similar problem, but cannot send mail from my iPad when I am at home.  I can send when connected to Sky or BT Broadband, but my home broadband is EE, and I can't send mail at all, although I can receive.  Has anybody got any ideas as to what might be causing this?  I've checked all my settings, and everything is OK.

Many thanks for your help

markp
Grand Guru

Hi tacase,

as in my response above, when you are on the EE connection can you change the DNS on the device to see if you can receive mail?

Markp