cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access one website... so annoying!

stevesmall

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me with a problem I've been having for a month or so now.

I work for a website at http://totalbigbrother.com and for a month now I've not been able to access that website. I've tried everything I can think of, flushing/renewing the dns and putting chrome and ie on the exceptions list on windows firewall. I've deselected the proxy settings, cleared the cache, history etc via CCleaner and still no luck. 

I know several websites are featured on that websites server and I can't access them either. I also know for a fact that the website is running, when speaking to colleagues etc... the website also works when I use a proxy.

I thought it might be something to do with my antivirus (norton 360) but I tried to access that website on my fathers computer and he has AVG and it still didn't work, so don't think it has anything to do with that. Running the laptop in safe mode also didn't work.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with the issue. Do you think it's to do with BT?? I can't tell you how frustrating it is!! (By the way I use Vista)

Thank you in advance 🙂

1 REPLY 1

MHC
Guru

I have just tried it from here - a BT Business Broadband connection and it loads fine.

Win Xp SP3,   FF 5.0 

What happened if you run a tracert (trace route) from a DOS/command prompt?    Or download Ping Plotter and see what that brings up ... does it show a route right through to teh server and if not, where does it fail?