cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up my domain email because "it's already in use"

Johnnyoakes
Hi, this has been an absolute nightmare. I moved my domain over to BT but when I came to set up my main business email I got the message that it was already in use.I havn't been able to set it up now for 5 days so have been missing important emails. It seems that I had used the email as my login name for an existing account which was preventing it being set up. It's not possible to edit the login name on the account. I have been in touch with numerous help desks both in the uk and Asia each passing responsibility but no one has been able to rectify the situation. Surely it can't be that difficult to edit an email address on my account. also sack person who has claimed to have fixed the problem has said it takes 24hrs to "propagate" so I have wasted days on this and it's still not fixed.
1 REPLY 1

Burkem5
Guru

Hi Johnny Oakes,  first you need to speak with billing and ask for the ebilling login details to be changed to any other address - i suggest a non BT email - hotmail etc.

Then once that has been done speak with the broadband team who will be able to set up this address.
I suggest speaking with the livechat team as you will have one long transcript to where billing agents and broadband agents can referback to see what the other has done.

The link for these can be founde here - contact us

I hope this has been helpful