cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing DNS records.

mazupan

Hello. I'm working on a new website for a customer from UK. Because I'm from abroad I don't know where and how to change DNS records for .org.uk domain that my client has. The domain is registered at BT and as I can see DNS records are hosted at www.register.com. 

I suppose he must login to his BT account or Register.com account. But what If he doesn't know it? Where can he obtain necessary login info?

4 REPLIES 4

markp
Grand Guru

Hi mazupan,

if you/they do not know the logins to change the DNS through the BT domain manager, you can go to www.dnsforms.co.uk and select what DNS record you are wanting to change, then fill in and submit the form and we will make the change for you.

Markp

mazupan

Thanks for suggestion. I can predict what will happen. Customer is elderly gentleman and he'll probably know nothing about security question. How can he obtain it? Is it possible that BT contacts him directly to verify his identity?

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there,

we would not contact him directly for you, he would need to contact us, if he does not know the answer to the security question, the helpdesk can verify using alternative methods, once he has validated this way they can advise on how to change the security question to one he will remember.

Mark

mazupan

Thank you for answer. One more thing. What is fastest way to contact you?