cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking data usage without Access Manager (OS X)

jtorange

Anyone know how I can check data usage for my E170 online?

Using OS X (Snow Leopard) so cannot use Access Manager to check.

The E170 came with Option 3 broadband and logging into our broadbad account provides no overview of mobile broadband usage!

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

Hi,

I've not found any way, using Access Manager or not, or looking into my BT account, of getting a statement of usage. Even if you were running Access Manager it is not possible to get a correct indication of usage.

Only way I've found is to email BT and ask for a current usage statement. Last time I requested this the response was: "Unfortunately i am unable to advise you on how much data you have used as on our system this is still showing as you have still got 3gb's remaining due to our system being a week behind!"

so I don't bother anymoreSmiley Indifferent

Steve

Naishy
Power User

There isn't an online system that you can use to check your usage. The package offers 'unlimited data' package although a Reasonable Business Usage policy applies. However, if you email the helpdesk at btmobilesupport@bt.com they should be able to provide you with the information you require.

Tim

jtorange
Unlimited? I thought there was a 1Gb cap with option 3.

Thanks all.

Naishy
Power User

BT Access Manager is the client used for BT Business Mobile Broadband. It sounds like you are BT Total Broadband customer (you get 1GB per month for 18 months) and would therefore be using BT Connection Manager, except there is currently no OSX client.

This being the case, you can check your usage by registering your account and then check your usage and top-up with additional data via bt.com.

Tim

jtorange

Thanks Tim

I have alredy regsitered the broadband account but under the "MANAGE SERVICES" option there does not seem to be any mention of mobile broadband, let alone an ability to check data usage?

Thanks

James

Naishy
Power User

James,

You need to register the actual Mobile Broadband device. There should be a link on the My Account panel in the client. The URL this takes you to is http://www.bt.com/mobsignup/. When registering you will need the mobile number, which is also displayed in the My Account panel of the client. Once registered you should be able to track your usage via the 'Transaction History' option.

Tim