cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City Centre Manchester Infinity

Officemgr

I am the Office Manager and IT chap for a small firm of solicitors in the city centre of manchester. I have a short question, when is BT infinty reaching the city centre of the 2nd largest economic hub of the country?

Currently if we want fibre broadband we have to spend over £300 a month for a dedicated line, this for us is far too expensive as we are not an internet heavy user. However speeds in the city centre on the bog standard broadband can be horrible, currently on 0.3MB for the entire office and having to use my phone's 4g to access this site.

You would think BT would make it a priority to get infinty into the city centres of all large cities in the UK, especially the third largest.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Plumly
Grand Master

depends on the situation, you may find that BT Want to but local council don't want any Disruption to local area (i.e BT May have to Dig up a road, Council say no..its not an emergency you have to wait untill X Date for This work)

May be no Suitable location for a cabinet.

Contact your Local MP who may be able to find out more infomation as the rollout of the Fibre network is part of the BDUK Project run by the goverment

to add though when checking http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ for manchester

ALL exchanges within the M60 around manchester look to be accepting orders

thanks

PLumly

Officemgr

The exchanges have been active for over a year now, but fibre has yet to move beyond them. 

Thanks for your reply.