cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect drops when multiple devices in use (Fibre BT)

hurleh

We have Fibre Optic Broadband Business, so normally when multiple devices etc are connected the connection is fine and is no problems but now when Im gaming and if anyone else is watching a video or anything on Wireless it gives me very bad connection drops and ping goes up n down which is never used to do I could be watching videos etc and play at the same time with out an issue which Fibre should do. 

What is wrong? Ive tried changing routers, Resetting, Factory resets multiple times but it still happens. 

Any help please

9 REPLIES 9

Bobby
Super User

Hey hurleh,

It's hard to tell with wireless, but it sounds like there's potentially interference which is causing those issues. I would recommend repositioning the router or moving equipment that may be causing an electrical interference to see if that improves the stability at all. I'd recommend trying some devices with ethernet cables rather than wireless to see if they experience the same problem - that way, we can establish if it's just a wireless issue or if there's maybe a problem with the line running slow in general.

Thank you, Bobby

hurleh

Ill try but nothing is new or changed its just happened all of a sudden? and its happening whatever device is in use, ill be on a gaming console and it will just be very laggy and ping will go all over the place which it shouldnt. 

hurleh

Also there is a computer in the same room that was running wireless that made the lag occur so I tried using ethernet for it and it still happens 

hurleh

anyone help? 

Bobby
Super User

Hey hurleh,

If the same problem occurs over ethernet devices, you're best reaching out to the technical team on 0800 800 154 and they'll be able to get that line tested for you to see if there's any network faults that may be causing those intermittent connection issues.

Thank you, Bobby

Mideri

Thanks, moving helped me. The problem was in interference

harley

Issue still ongoing

Tried moving the router had everything disconnected and just the xbox hard wired then tried to stream something or watch anything and it still gives me big lag spikes with just 1 other thing connect...

An engineer came out a while ago said this was odd the line was fine he changed the BT socket said he wouldnt charge and put it down as a repair, got charged £300+ and not a thing has changed

What else can I do...

Thinking about ordering a Nighthawk NETGEAR modem to try help and see if it will fix my latency/ping issues.. pretty ridiculous whats the point in paying for fibre optic when its not even working correctly for near a year? 

harley

No one else? 

harley

They tell me to post in the business forum but nobody helps you here..