cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favicon and image uploads

JimH

I seem to having a problem uploading a favicon icon. I have created it locally on my pc and called it favicon.ico but for some reason it will not upload.

Also when uploading images to my eshop the process never actually completes - I have to refresh the page each time. The images do upload but the task never finishes if that makes sense?

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

orchie
Grand Master

Hi JimH,

In the eShop you can simply upload an image and the software should do the rest.

go Settings > General Settings > Status -> you'll see the option to upload an image for the favicon on the right.

Hope it helps. Orchie

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

scoobs
Power User

Dont no what ftp prog you are running, But you could upload the favicon as a txt file then rename it i.e upload favicon.txt then once uploaded rename as favicon.ico

orchie
Grand Master

Hi JimH,

In the eShop you can simply upload an image and the software should do the rest.

go Settings > General Settings > Status -> you'll see the option to upload an image for the favicon on the right.

Hope it helps. Orchie

whoknows
Super User

I uploaded my standard logo to Settings > General Settings > Status ->  and hit the favicon button and the system did the rest.

JimH

Well thats what I have tried but still no joy - anyone want to help from the epages team or BT team ?

eShopTeam
Master User

Hello,

Can you contact BT so we can have a look in your own shop?

Kind Regards,

The eShop Team

kittyandpolly
Super User

Hi,

Actually I have a similar problem. The new favicon is visible in the shop using Firefox but when using IE it still show the old favicon.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Paula

www.kittyandpolly.co.uk

JimH

When you say contact BT - how exactly do I do that, by phone or email and on what number or email address do I use?

Thanks in advance

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

You can find all the contact details for each of the business divisions at the contct us section.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

ian_d

When contacting BT regarding eShop I always find it best to use the Email Us link a the top of the page within the BT Website Centre. Fill out the form and the query will go to someone with the expertise to help.

I usually get a quick response and often a phone call from the person helping, even if it is to verify the problem is solved. 

I always go through the BT Website Centre to access eShop anyway via this address: 

http://hosting.hostingbt.com/OS4/

Hope this helps. 

Ian