cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has to be the biggest mistake ever

GaryPalmer

Joining BT that is, I feel so sorry for most of the call handlers within BT there broadband is an actual joke. we as a company have recently returned to BT and one of the first services we signed up for was broadband we had the usual engineer arrive when installing lines who with a bemused look apologised for even being there as there was absolutely NOTHING for him to do. When our shiny new router arrived we started to install it and had to call technical support who informed us that as we had a server we had to pay for the free technical help so we are still not running through the server but via cable.Since installation we have had 2 days of un interrupted service but of course it is NEVER there fault. Today tried speaking to BT again  in total I have spent 97 minutes this morning being on hold and passed from one department to another they even conducted line tests etc and told me everything is working I am sat there while I am being told this unable to get online. Can I escalate this or speak to someone WELL no you have to wait between 24 and 48 hours for someone to come back to you. Our business relies on email and the internet and this do not give a **bleep** attitude has to be stopped. just to really rub it in I have spent nearly 2 hours this afternoon with BT regarding our normal lines and being over charged several hundred pounds which they are now crediting back. I would suggest that BT has NO respect what so ever for there small business customers.

5 REPLIES 5

Tracey
Guru

Hi GaryPalmer,

Sorry to read about the problems that you have been having with your BT Business Broadband.

I have checked your account and I can see that the Technical team have been in contact with you regarding the fault and all seems to be working at the moment.

Again, sorry for the problems you have had.

Thanks

Tracey

BT Business Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.

GaryPalmer

Tracey

No one has been in touch with me and the broadband is as bad as it has always been we are now logging all down time and we were off on five seperate occasions yesterday "fixed" I do not think so !!! oh well I have booked two hours to sit on the phone this afternoon so I may get an answer..

Tracey
Guru

Hi GaryPalmer,

Have checked your case that is with the technical team.

I can see they have tried to contact you, however they have booked an appointment for this afternoon. If you do require more details on your case you can call the technical team directly on 0845 600 7020 opt 2, who would be able to discuss this further with you.

Thanks

Tracey

BT Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.

GaryPalmer

Hi Tracey,

Well here is an update and a query for you.

The Engineer attended our premises yesterday afternoon and after checking everything in our office determined that it was a fault at the exchange, he then sorted it out for us (hooray) we are back online.

Now the queries

Why has it taken MONTHS where we have been paying for a service which we have obviously not receiving due to a BT fault. We have made more phone calls to BT than I care to remember and been told there was NO fault on the lines clearly an error on behalf of BT. Also when the engineer was out he accidentally disconnected our server causing all of our systems to crash completely, we now have two PC's that are not working properly due to software problems. I have spoken to BT and have been told the following.

I have to complain in writing about the lack of service from day one and the constant miss diagnosis they can then take up to THIRTY days to respond (wonder what they would say if I wanted to wait another thirty days to pay).

As for the damage to computers again in writing and up to thirty days for you to respond and when I asked to speak to someone about this I was told no it has to be done in writing.

Oh and the agent I spoke to explained that I could not complain to his department as the engineer works for a separate part of BT. So although they sent the engineer and it is you I pay I now have to contact a totally separate part of BT reference this.

Can you please check on the details I have posted and tell me what I have to do to now I thought I was dealing with BT not different parts who pass the buck from one to another.

Tracey
Guru

Hi GaryPalmer,

I apologise for all the problems that you have been having with your account. Im afraid I can not supply the answers to these questions.

You can however raise a complaint via the complaints teams Contact Options to be able to assist you with this.

Thanks

Tracey

BT Business Forum Moderator