cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! BT Business / 123-reg / iWeb

driftin

I have bought a domain name (rb-driftin.co.uk) using 123-reg and I've now just started a hosting package with BT Business (£5 a month, 5GB).I have also built an entire website on iWeb ready for uploading. However I have no idea where to go from here. The two websites (123-reg and myoffice.bt.com) are not intuitive in the slightest and are getting me nowhere. 

I've been told I need to change my IPS tag on 123-reg to BTNAMES which I have done. I have also created an FTP password on BT Business. I was then told I needed to activate my account and confirm ownership of my domain name but I don't know how.

I've tried publishing the site using iWeb using these settings:

server address: ftp.rb-driftin.co.uk

username: rb-driftin.co.uk

password: the password I gave for my FTP password on BT

directory path: /public

protocol: FTP Port 21

But when I try and publish it says it can't connect.

Please help. I don't have a clue about any of this technical stuff and the unintuitive merging of two different sites for hosting and domain name is only making things more complicated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JohnE
Guru

Driftin, please Contact Us  We'll be able to help.

It is quite possible to use a 3rd party hosted domain with our Web Hosting, I'd recommend contacting us in order to have it done correctly.  Changing your IPS tag is only done when you wish to transfer a domain name to another host.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sogo7
Grand Master
 USERNAME

Your unique web space name, that is, the part of the URL that comes after:
home.btconnect.com/ when you are logged into the BT client only areas

As you probably had a BT phone or broadband account before getting the domain name then it's unlikely your useneame would be rb-drifitin.co.uk

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner

driftin

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

JohnE
Guru

Driftin, please Contact Us  We'll be able to help.

It is quite possible to use a 3rd party hosted domain with our Web Hosting, I'd recommend contacting us in order to have it done correctly.  Changing your IPS tag is only done when you wish to transfer a domain name to another host.