cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help moving web site to BT

hoods

Hi,

I have moved my web site to BT but cannot get it working.  I used FTP to upload my files (using joomla to construct pages) and then installed myPHPadmin, and uploaded my sql database.  Noted the new user name, database name and password.  Then changed these in the configuration file, and uploaded.  However no joy on getting the site up and running.  Not sure where I have gone wrong.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I have sent you a Private Mail.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

hoods

Hi Fiona, message not arrived.  Did you send it to my admin address? 

Thanks

Hoods

hoods
Hi just spotted teh mail sign and message.  ignore above.  Will do as you suggest.

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

Thats brilliant, i was getting a bit worried i had just imagined sending it! Had to double check!! Smiley Wink

Thanks

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

hoods
Information sent as requested.  Sorry about the first reply - my first post on the forum (brand new to this web page lark) so didn't immediately twig where the message was - duh!

hoods
Hi Fiona, checked everyhting - username, password, absolute pathways etc and just cannot get anything to work.  Moved files into the public folder but still not working.  My web site is a blank page.  I also cannot log on to joomla backend (although I know from phpmyadin the username and password is correct).  Do you have any suggestions?  Thinking about removing everything and completley starting from scratch.