cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Pings on New Connection

nicky_saunders1

Hi,

I would like someone to take a look at my connection please as although it is stable and has not lost connection, the pings/latency in online applications and games are quite high ~80-90ms even to servers in England.

It is currently syncing at (and has been for several days):

Upstream Rate: 448 Kbps

Downstream Rate: 3072 Kbps

My previous connection (with different provider) had pings far lower. Is it possible that Interleaving has been enabled on my line? If so, could this be disabled. I don't mind losing download speed to compensate (my previous connection was only 2000 Kbps).

My router is reporting errors on the downstream currently and we do live quite far from the exchange so the current download speed is probably pushing it.

Again, I would like to reiterate that lower pings/latency are far more important to us than increased bandwidth.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I can see from your account since this post you have contacted the technical team to have 'interleaving' switched off. Has that helped at all?

The following help and support file may offer some assistance - How can packet loss affect your broadband connection? If you are still having problems then you would be best talking to the technical team to go through some tests.

I hope you get on OK.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.