cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlink BT hosting package

alanf

When I firsrt setup my domain, I linked it to my 'free' hosting space, however I don't want the domain to be linked to the free space but another server.

Because it is linked to BT hosting, the advances DNS has greyed out the DNS @  pointing to teh BT hosting IP, record so I can't properly redirect my domain to my proper host IP.

I need to unlink my domain from BT hosting so I can manage the domain properly.

Please advise, as I can't find any optiosn to do this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

From memory I believe that this needs to be looked by the THD.  Go to http://www.dnsforms.co.uk and submit a query through them.

Dave

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

From memory I believe that this needs to be looked by the THD.  Go to http://www.dnsforms.co.uk and submit a query through them.

Dave

TFD

I have this same problem.  I have sent an email to BT but noone has replied.  I have tried calling, several times, but noone on the helpdesks can help.  Does anyone have an answer to this or am I really at the mercy of BT....??

TFD

BT surpasses themselves yet again with the wonderful customer service that we have come to expect...5 working days for a reply to by 'DNS forms' email.  What use is that?

If anyone here has a solution to how I can unlock my hosting from BT, so that I can redirect my domain, I would be much obliged.

Thanks.

Ian1974

Hi Tfd,

I am sorry to hear your reply was in 5 working days.

I can assure you that any enquiries sent via the "dns enquiry" form at www.dnsforms.co.uk has a reply time of 1-2 working days, although we do aim to reply within 1 working day.

If you confirm the reference number for the email l can look further into this.

Kind Regards,

Ian Ferrier

BT Business Domains

selectcase

i cant even get the form to work - it says my .com is not in the correct format - i also tried the domain transfer from within my account and no reply yetSmiley Sad

why cant i just call someone to get it sorted?? with my vidahost account i can speak to anyone up to 11pm and its sorted really fast????

mameha

I have the same problem.

In my case, it is urgent.

Can you please process the following two requests ASAP?

130311-000173

130311-001495

I really think we should be able to just control the DNS fully ourselves online instead of having to submit a form and wait for a reply.  At least the phone helpdesk should be able to process it so that urgent issues can be dealt with.