cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Human contact for router upgrade !

JamesT

I am trying to get information about the new Broadband router.

I have tried various of the 0800 numbers only to go through a voice based menu system that always directs me to shop.bt.com (or similar).

NO ! 

I want to speak to someone knowledgable about th ekit before I decide to order it to replace our 2wire one. Can this be done? Or has BT become so remote from and arrogant towards, its business customers that it no longer deigns to speak to them person to person? Is BT now run by Cyborgs? 😉

AHA - Just got through to sales. They know nothing about the technical comparison of the new and old routers, they can't help on BT.COM sales - like how do I order via my account on line.

Having worked in industry for 30 plus years this is a joke!  Either all parts of BT are knowledgable about all other parts and can help or they shouldn't pretend to be customer oriented !

Can someone from BT please provide me with the contact phone number of a single person who is technically knowledgable, has sales links and can guide through buying online with my account.... (presumably one of the Directors would be able to do this...)

3 REPLIES 3

MHC
Guru

JamesT - Why do you want to change?

A few questions.

What service are you on?   ADSL or VDSL (Infinity) and which variant?

If ADSL - what are your current line stats - attenuation, SNR and sync speeds.

Why do you think the new router will be better than your 2wire?

What extra capabilities do you want?

If you do decide to change - send me your old 2wire.

As for contacts - call the BT shop as they do have some technically proficient staff,  but do have an undelying target to sell to a router.     But you may not need one.

iptables101
Power User

Hi james. Try this number if you are in business package. 0808 1002440

alanst

Similarly, I am geting VERY frustrated at the lack of understanding of wanting to speak to a human.

I am switching to Infinity BB on 18/12/14 and until this evening was being told that there was no need for the engineer to gain access to my property. A short while ago a message was left on my answering machine which says that an engineer will need access to my BT box. That information conflicts with what I had already been told.

My reason for writing here is the total lack of being able to speak to a human being. The machine can only cope with either me wanting to buy a new system or did I want my line checked. Nothing else of any use was offered as a menu item. I did ask when it said to speak the reason for my being here, if I could speak to a human being. Needless to say it did not understand!.

Please, BT, give an option to speak to a human being at the end of each menu of numbers. I have not yet switched to broadband from BT and if this is the sort of service I can expect from them I shall not be staying long and will be leaving them at the earliest possible moment.

Alan Stokes.