cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've tried everything, please help!!

WillButler1

I'm trying to access the FTP details for my two domains so I can upload my iweb site.

(Linnetts.co.uk) and (Linnetts.com)

I've tried a few different combinations but it keeps failing! Please help as I'm having real trouble trying to resolve...

-Will

4 REPLIES 4

WillButler1

Hi,

Please could someone help me with uploading my iweb sites to my two domains -

Linnetts.co.uk and Linnetts.com??

I've been trying to log into their respected FTP's via Fetch but I can't seem to get the login details right. I've tried a few combinations but nothing seems to be working...

Host name: ftp.Linnetts.co.uk

Username: Linnetts.co.uk/Linnetts-Proofing

I have managed to get into the FTP "btconnecthosting.com" but I understand this wouldn't be the right place to upload my Sites.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

-Will

mournetraining

Hi

I use EasySite Wizard Pro for my website but I needed to upload some other webpages which where too large for the File Manager on the BT website Centre. I downloaded the ftp manager Filezilla and used the website name (without the http://www.) as both the Host and username.  When I input the password as set up in BT Manage Services it worked perfectly. I discovered this worked after trying a few combinations for host and username. I'm not very knowledgeable about ftp etc. so I was most surprised when this worked for me.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Kind regards

Nguitar
BT Partner
BT Partner
Generally when it comes to BT's FTP connections the credentials are as follows Host: domain.com (your BT domain name) Username: domain.com (your BT domain name) Password: your bt hosting password. This should allow you to connect to your webspace, I am not personally a mac user so I am unsure if you need to have the ftp.domain.com included only the "domain.com" also if i may make a recommendation I would like to propose that you download and use Filezilla. It can be downloaded from the following location http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client After downloading the free software follow the on screen instructions enter the above information and you should be good to go from there.

WillButler1

Hi Nguitar,

Thanks for the quick response! I have taken your advice and gone with Filezilla and entered in the following details -

Host: ftp.linnetts.com

Username: linnetts.com

Password: (entered)

And yet it comes up with this message -

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Response: 220 Website FTP Server Ready

Command: USER linnetts.com

Response: 331 Password required for linnetts.com.

Command: PASS ********

Response: 530 Login incorrect.

I've also tried this for my .co.uk address and the same message appears.

Is there any way of BT emailing me my FTP details? If not, then would you know a good source I could chase for an answer?

Many thanks for all your help.

-Will