cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I waited the 10 days, internet is still very bad.

NathanHughes

I was told to wait and comeback in 10 days with my issue. I've done that, and the internet is still terrible.

Inconsistant speeds, connection dropping off completely, 300-800 ping to most servers in Europe.

Internet is no different to what is was here: https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/quot-The-first-10-days-quot-Very-slow-inter...

It has been over 10 days since we switched from AOL to BT, so the "stability period" has passed.

3 REPLIES 3

markp
Grand Guru

Hi NathanHughes,

Have you been in contact with the technical helpdesk to get them to check the line for you?

Markp

NathanHughes

I'll phone up this evening. If there is a fault in the line, which I believe there could be (AOL said we had an intermittent phone line) what will be done? Will we be able to have a BT engineer out to fix it?

markp
Grand Guru

Hi NathanHughes,

If the helpdesk confirms there is a fault on the line itself, they will organise an engineer out to check the line.  Before they book you an engineer they might advise of possible charges for the engineer visit, we always advise of charges in case the engineer finds a fault with not BT euipment, but as long as you follow the steps with the helpdesk this minimise the likelyhood of being charged.

Markp