cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSTALLATION OF NEW mc afee

flower

I am having problems on one of my laptops.  Have successfully installed one one and Mc Afee running ok.

Problem on other one is that it will not install just keeps asking to re-start and saying BT Sec Pack incompatable but saying

has successfully un-installed it but will not continue to install Mc Afee.   Very frustrating and cannot find anywhere how to

get passed this process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

flower

Thanks for that.  I have however somehow managed to install after several attempts. 

All I did was disable pop-up blocker and it installed. 

This may be useful if anyone else is having problems.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

alastair
Grand Guru

on the other pc you said it said the pc is not compatible.

this will be due to low specs or incompatible operating system.

can you see what specs your pc has? i.e. RAM + processor + free space on c drive and the operating system

=~~= All Glory to the Hypnotoad! =~~=

ironscot
Power User

Hi flower

I wonder if the laptop that is giving you a problem has BT Security Pack installed on it, whereas the other one which is ok didn't? It appears that you can't have both on the same PC - see http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8643. I remember when I changed a laptop from Sophos to McAfee I had lots of trouble removing Sophos so that McAfee would install - eventually I had to clean up the registry. If that is your problem then hopefull BT would be able to assist you with making sure the BT Security pack has been completely removed (assuming that's what you want). I have used McAfee for years and think it is excellent.

Hope that helps,

P

flower

Thanks for that.  I have however somehow managed to install after several attempts. 

All I did was disable pop-up blocker and it installed. 

This may be useful if anyone else is having problems.

Thanks

agowans

The auto uninstall feature that McAfee has sometimes runs into problems removing the old BT ISecP. 

If you recieve the ISecP uninstalled please restart message more than once, look under add/remove programs (XP) or Programme & Features (Vista) for a program called Security Product and remove this.  Restart machine, this should resolve the issue first time.

Ally

pcoles

Thank you agowans that was the perfect advice and solved the problem straight away.

We should however say that having uninstalled the ISecP you must then go and restart the McAfee installation from the beginning!  (at least, I did).