cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming emails not arriving

tansycat

I've just found out that my colleague is not receiving at least 25% of the emails I send to him from my BT business email address to his (another of the BT email addresses on the same account).  All messages come into our main email which I monitor then only forward on if he needs to see or action them, so most of the missing emails are important ones from clients.

This raises the question of how many other emails are never reaching our main email address? I know exactly what's gone missing from the emails I've forwarded but we've no way of knowing about missing incoming emails from anyone else.

I don't have this problem with my personal BT domestic account so why is it happening with our Business account for which we are paying a premium?

6 REPLIES 6

oddy1113

This a common provider of the service in that country and I had no difficulty in receiving emails . Personalized email accounts allow you to send and receive secure email communications .

a-kasser

tansycat

oddy1113 - Not sure what solution your reply offers. I know who BT are - we've been with them for years.

Our problem is this:

I get an email which should have gone to my colleague. I forward it. It doesn't arrive. I only know that he hasn't received it because I ask him about it a few hours later. He searches for it in all folders on his pc and on the Outlook 365 Web (including Junkmail & Deleted) but it's not there. I tell him the exact time and date I sent it, but still no trace in his account. I forward it to him again. It never arrives. Same the third time I try.

We check all the emails I've sent him over the past few days. Several have not arrived in his online email inbox.

Where have they gone? These are emails we know have been sent, BUT we don't know how many emails sent to either email address by clients, prospects and others have never arrived and we have no way of finding out. This is not what I expect from a business grade email service.

Both email accounts are from our BT Business Broadband allocation and are personalised addresses.

Burkem5
Guru

hi there Tansycat

This is a missing mail issue in order to fix this you will need to contact us.

When you do if you could include the following

who sent the mail (your email address)

who was the recipient (your colleagues email)

time and date sent

subject line

This will allow us to track the email mail for you, the more examples we have the easier it will be to narrow down the fault.  Thanks

tansycat

The contact us link you gave just takes me to a page which checks our broadband connection and gives me a phone number to ring. There is no email address given to which i can send the info you asked for.

ziesha008

You can check it in junk or spam email. It must be there or if this problem again persists then you should change the email provider.

Like : https://www.facebook.com/email.biz
Follow : https://twitter.com/emailbiz1

tansycat

That's the point. The missing messages don't go in the spam/junk folder, they just vanish completely! They don't bounce back either.  And changing email provider is easier said than done when everything's tied up in a BT account!