cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Problems! Replies needed!

whiteyrhys

Hi, 

I am absolutely fuming at BT - I initially thought maybe, just maybe, BT would finally pull through for me for once but no - they do not. 

After much confusion and irritation in trying to find the order placed by my company for the lines and broadband to be installed into my property I finally got all the order references this morning. 

I decided I would check on the order and find out where it was at. My company placed a combined PSTN & Broadband Provide and I was given two references, one for the broadband and one for the phone line. This morning they were both showing as "In Progress" with an engineer install date of 26 July 2012. I decided I would leave it at that after being satisfied with the outcome of going online to track the order.

Due to my serious lack of faith in BT having worked in their Business Technical Help department in Dundee and having read the horror stories on here. I decided I would check it again at 6pm - where low and behold I found that the order for the Broadband was "Delayed" - not too much surprised but it definitely annoyed me. Alas, the order for the phone line was still "In Progress" with an engineer install date of the 16 July. 

Now as my new company has a highly superior Service Level Agreement to BT's I have to get online for that date. It's not optional - I seriously hope that BT will definitely get this order sorted out before the 16th July or it will be cancelled no matter what contractual costs are needed to get out. 

Can someone please advise on this issue? I'm sure someone else on here has gone through the same situation?

Thanks, It's really appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

whiteyrhys

I thought forums are where people are supposed to help and reply to posts?

Mistaken

Davel
Super User

I'm not certain on this but I think that under some Ofcom ruling the broadband service must be subject to "fair" competition. In a nutshell the broadband order cannot be activated by BT untill the phone line is live. Like I say I may be wrong but it seems to be how BT have to work.

bmcottam

I have had exactly the same non service from BT.  Over 3 weeks ago I notified them we were moving house (within the same exchange) and, as TalkTalk would not let us port our number, we had decided to move to BT - they were very keen and polite, spoke perfect English and couldn't wait to sign us up.  We opted for phone line, Broadband and Anytime calls and were confident we were doing the right thing.  We then received an email confirming everything and saying that it would be switched on on Friday 29th June. 

The broadband router arrived on time but the phone wasn't connected by midnight.  On Saturday morning I phoned their customer service line and after being passed to several different people and being asked to call a different number I finally spoke to someone who said there had been a problem but that it would definitely be connected by 6pm and that they would send a text message to let us know when it had happened.  Ten minutes later someone else called and said there was a problem and that it would be a further ten days before we would have a working phone/broadband. They were calling from an overseas call centre and their accent was so strong I could hardly understand what they were saying. They then said I needed to speak to someone else on a different number.  After being passed around again I spoke to a lady who said she would try to resolve.  By this time I had explained the problem to many different people and I was on the verge of throwing myself off the balcony in the new apartment.  Eventually she said there was nothing she could do so I asked to speak to a supervisor. They said the supervisor would call me back - which he did quite promptly!

The supervisor introduced himself but I couldn't make out his name, I asked him to spell it - which he did several times but I still couldn't make it out.  After explaining the whole story again and being put on hold several times he said it would take ten days.  I said but I have an email promising it would be switched on on Friday.  He then said they would ring me between 4 and 8pm on the Monday to let me know if they could do it sooner.  They phoned my husband last night.  He was also disgusted with their service when they said they could not do it sooner.  He told them to forget the whole thing, we would go with an alternative supplier with better customer service.  He was then passed to a person in the UK (presumably to try and persuade us to stay with them).  This person said we may be able to be fast tracked ! After 3 weeks I wouldn't call it a fast track.  He told them to forget it - we're going with O2.

Sorry I know its no help but I just wanted to say I'm fuming at BT too.  They need to sort their customer service out.  I would say they are contravening Trades Description Act caling it Customer Service - more like Customer Disservice.

Good luck if you decide to stay with them.  I couldn't bear to speak to them again. Sorry for the rant but I still feel very upset by their downright bad service.

emmathwaites

I'm taking a bit of comfort from this - at least I know that it isn't personal because just about the exact same thing has happened to me! I'm now fuming because I can't find an email address to write to to complain (they seem determined to make us deal with their call centre, don't they ?). I joined the forum, hoping that I could post my problems on here and someone from BT might JUST listen. Doesn't look like they are listening, though. I see your post and the one preceeding it are 3 weeks old and it doesn't look like anyone from BT is in the least bit bothered about retaining you as a customer - so I don't think they'll be bothered about me either. Appalling.

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

.......I'm now fuming because I can't find an email address to write to to complain........

http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/CustomerComplaintsCode/index...

or maybe....

http://www.ceoemail.com/

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi all,

I'm sorry you all seem to be having issues getting in contact with Complaints.

Firstly to clarify something - Complaints no longer have a direct email address.  Some people may have heard that complaints@btbroadbandoffice.com works.  It doesn't.  It was closed over two years ago, but unfortunately some people still have it in their notes.

The following link will take you directly to the Contact Us page, and there's a link there for complaints:

Complaints Page

Now there is one other thing I need to clarify about when you complain - If you have any outstanding issues then your complaint cannot be accepted by the actual Complaints Team, as they can't take on any service affecting issues.

Now before you all go off on one, bear in mind that the Complaints Team are not fully trained in the various aspects, other than cursory knowledge, and they certainly can't directly fix your issue.  That's what the Helpdesks are for, and you should always (in my opinion) contact the Helpdesks first and get them to fix any issues before you raise a complaint.

So, there you go.

Dave

timewilson

anyone else been promised connection within 10 working days, offered connection within 12 and finally been told that it will be at the end of the Month???