cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Email Address after Canceling Contract

Anonymouse

Once the contract is cancelled, can you still keep your BTConnect email address? I'm changing from BT to another provider but want to keep my current email address.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

@pwcircuits wrote:

No I don't think you will, and besides, BT is changing to office365 so btconnect email address's will disappear anyway. best to get yourself an outlook.com or gmail address that way it doesn't matter which provider you use you can always keep the same address....

Hi,

@pwcircuits: Please don't talk crap.  If you don't know something just keep quiet.  *readies banhammer*

@Anonymouse: Right the truth is that as long as you contact Billing just before the broadband is ceased to make sure that they set your account to Pay As You Go status you can continue to use the account without any further cost, apart from anything like web hosting or other additional services.

Once you've done that all you need to do is log each address into http://myoffice.bt.com at least once every 90 days to keep it active.

Dave

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pwcircuits

No I don't think you will, and besides, BT is changing to office365 so btconnect email address's will disappear anyway. best to get yourself an outlook.com or gmail address that way it doesn't matter which provider you use you can always keep the same address....

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

@pwcircuits wrote:

Hi,

@pwcircuits: Please don't talk crap.  If you don't know something just keep quiet.  *readies banhammer*

@Anonymouse: Right the truth is that as long as you contact Billing just before the broadband is ceased to make sure that they set your account to Pay As You Go status you can continue to use the account without any further cost, apart from anything like web hosting or other additional services.

Once you've done that all you need to do is log each address into http://myoffice.bt.com at least once every 90 days to keep it active.

Dave

Anonymouse

Brill, thanks Dave Smiley Happy