cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost line

plasticsurgeon

How is it that BT can pull the plug on my Business telephone line as part of taking away the 2nd line without any warning and then are unable to reinstate it in 2 working days (at the moment) and after me spending time on email and telephone between an Asian call centre and English call centre I am (for the 2nd time) being assured the line will be active in the morning. The front line staff are (seemingly) very helpful but the hidden Managers and Engineeres are not doing their job.

I have been a customer of BT for 50 years and on the advice of the Federation of Small Business some years ago have stayed with BT as the best option for Business. I question this advice now as I had a similar problem 18 months ago when a new business opened near to us and our line went down because apparently some Engineer needed to find them a new line and ours was disconnected to make way this may have been a BT Engineer or some Cowboy operation, who knows.

Who accepts responsibility? I know that I could not get away with this kind of behaviour in my own Business.

This smacks of incompetent Management 

6 REPLIES 6

plasticsurgeon

It is 9.40 Thursday and the line is still out

plasticsurgeon

BT have now attached the business line to my home phone number and lost my Home number

plasticsurgeon

This is an update but as there are not responses I wonder if there is a true open Forum

BT withdrew my 2 phone lines and number, this left me with no Business Phone number, after 20 years of trading with it.

After considerable work on my part they then attached the Business Phone number to my "Home" office number and disposed of that. This left me without an essential private phone number.

As I write this I have just received a call from BT advising that they now realize the error they have made and are going to "swap" my phone numbers over

Chumbley1

I asked a question on here several weeks ago and it never got answered so BT don't seem to bother much with this forum.  I got a quick response on Twitter in the end.

plasticsurgeon

Hello Chumbley

Thank you for the feedback, I have started thinking about the Social Media route but I am not of that generation so initially I have now decided to go to Outreach who are the ones that disconnected my line in the first place and find out if they were misled by BT. I received a phone call and promise of something being sorted today from one of BT "Offshore" call centres but this has not happened

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi plasticsurgeon

My apologies for the lack of response. I have been away from this forum but I am back as of today as a moderator. I know that these posts are from a few weeks ago but I am wondering if you got a resolution? I would imagine a complaint would have been opened for this and it would have been followed through via that route?

Regards

Ryan